Sayings of Bosnian origin
- Don’t be misled by the tears of a beggar.
- Why would you use poison if you can kill with honey?
- Who lies to you will lie against you.
- When the ass was invited to the wedding feast he said, “They need more wood and water.”
- When an ant gets wings, it loses its head.
- Two things rule the world: reward and punishment.
- The eyes of all cheats are full of tears.
- He who heeds the first word of his wife must listen forever to the second.
- During the battle you cannot lend your sword to anyone.
- Clean your own yard first before asking others to clean theirs.
- A tree does not grow from the sky.
- A brave man seldom is hurt in the back.
Bosnia is the northern region of Bosnia and Herzegovina, encompassing roughly 80% of the country; the other eponymous region, the southern part, is Herzegovina. Bosnia is an informal term for the whole country.Bosnia’s constitution does not specify any official of the languages Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian. (Source)
The two regions have formed a geopolitical entity since medieval times, and the name “Bosnia” commonly occurs in historical and geopolitical senses as generally referring to both regions (Bosnia and Herzegovina). The official use of the combined name started only in the late period of Ottoman-rule.
Bosnia and Herzegovina ; Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian Bosna i Hercegovina, sometimes called Bosnia-Herzegovina, abbreviated BiH, and in short often known informally as Bosnia, is a country in Southeastern Europe located on the Balkan Peninsula.
Sarajevo is the capital and largest city of Bosnia and Herzegovina, with an estimated population of 369,534. The Sarajevo metropolitan area, including Sarajevo, East Sarajevo and surrounding municipalities, is home to 688,354 inhabitants. Moreover, it is also the capital of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina entity, the capital of the Republika Srpska entity, and the center of the Sarajevo Canton. Nestled within the greater Sarajevo valley of Bosnia, it is surrounded by the Dinaric Alps and situated along the Miljacka River in the heart of Southeastern Europe and the Balkans.
The Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian: Federacija Bosne i Hercegovine, is one of the two political entities that compose Bosnia and Herzegovina, the other being Republika Srpska. The Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina consists of 10 autonomous cantons having their own governments. It is inhabited primarily by Bosniaks and Bosnian Croats, which is why it is sometimes informally referred to as the Bosniak-Croat Federation (with the Bosnian Serbs as the third constituency of the entity). It is sometimes known by the shorter name Federation of B&H (Federacija BiH).
“The National Anthem of Bosnia and Herzegovina” is the title of the official national anthem of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
You’re the light of the soul
Eternal fire’s flame
Mother of ours, o land of Bosnia
I belong to you
The beautiful blue sky
In the heart are your rivers
Proud and famous
Land of ancestors
You shall live in our hearts
Generations of yours
Show up as one
We go into the future
We go into the future